Sauce Labs Engineering team is in need of a motivated Senior Java Engineer to help us further evolve our product offerings, and provide our customers with the best experience using our state-of-the-art real device cloud – a fast, reliable, and API-rich distributed computer system facilitating remote interaction with literally thousands of iOS and Android devices all over the world.
As an integral member of our Berlin-based engineering team, you’ll partner closely with our product manager, scrum master, and your engineering colleagues to tackle challenges around building a highly-scalable mobile device cloud system.
In this role, you will:
- Showcase technical leadership while personally developing, defining, and evolving software in an Agile environment, using the latest frameworks and patterns
- Partner with different teams across Engineering to ensure live testing an integral part of the Sauce Labs testing cloud
- Design and implement microservices for use in Kubernetes clusters
- Produce high quality, maintainable code with excellent test coverage and documentation
- Partner with our Operations and Security teams to protect our systems and data from exploits, denial-of-service attacks, and other security vulnerabilities
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development and engineering, with significant time spent developing backend services and publishing public APIs
- Excellent command of the Java programming language
- Expertise and real world experience with delivering microservices based on Spring Boot, JAX-RS, and other libraries and frameworks as part of the rich Java ecosystem
- Hands-on experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and Helm
- “Security-first-and-foremost” approach that drives technical decisions with zero tolerance for vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD processes
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for engineering complex systems
- Expertise with Python and/or Golang are a plus
About Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs is the world’s largest cloud-based web and mobile app testing platform which offers its services to enterprises, SME, and open source developing teams. It offers both automated and manual testing of web and mobile applications for more than 800 browser platforms combinations and mobile devices (Android and iOS). The infrastructure offered by Sauce Labs is reliable and compatible market leading open source testing frameworks. It provides our customers with the opportunity to easily harness the power of testing and introduce important testing paradigms as part of their SDLC. Our virtual and real device clouds fully support the WebDriver protocol (Selenium and Appium) as well as native testing frameworks (Espresso and XCUITest). Last but not least, QA Financial named Sauce Labs as the “Test Automation Tool Vendor of The Year 2018”.