Convex Energy is looking to hire a junior quantitative trader for the short-term trading team. You have a natural interest for, or experience in, trading and Data Science and you have strong mathematical and programming skills. If you have traded equities, FX or cryptocurrencies before, using your own models, you are an ideal candidate. Ideally you have just graduated or are graduating within the next 6 months.
You will receive extensive training in trading the physical power markets by being a part of our shift routine, where you will be working together with some of the best traders in the industry. You will translate the knowledge obtained into automated trading strategies in collaboration with our Data Science team.
· Participation in the trading team, executing strategies and managing power portfolios across Europe
· Make trading analysis and decisions
· Translate knowledge, know-how and analysis into trading strategies using machine learning techniques
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering or computer science
· You speak and write English
· Proficiency in the Python programming language
· Your attitude and drive to win differentiates you from your peers
· You are a positive and energetic team player
· You are ready to take responsibility fast
· Professional development as a trader
· A learning and development track of programming skills (Pluralsight)
· An international working environment with employee benefits such as free drinks, food and regular team events
· Compensation based on qualifications and performance
If you match the qualifications above, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible. If you have questions about the job, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 (0) 307 89 5252-40. Deadline for application is November 1st, but we will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.